Monday, April 12, 2010

The Companion, the new project, Wong Kar wai

It has been a while since I updated, but since nobody reads this thing, I shouldn't worry much. But anyway, a lot of things have happened.

My book The Companion came out. The paperback has nearly sold out and the hardback deluxe edition is doing well. I have finished the second draft of the new project, and am commencing the third. Here is a link to the trade paperback of The Companion. Here is a link to the Hardback.

As a matter of fact, Jim Gavin has written a very nice review of The Companion that I think you should read: Link.

But lately I have been thinking that the real thematic meat, so to speak, of Wong Kar-wai's films is food. Everybody in them eats. Major scenes revolve around food. I'm trying to analyze this to the best of my ability, and will report back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment